Saturday, August 27, 2011

~* enjoy the journey *~

Aloha Everyone!
I hope everyone is having a great weekend so far!  My thoughts are with everyone who is on the East Coast, USA.  I hope that you are safe.  I haven't been able to check on updates regarding Irene.
Between being sick, work, etc...and a lack of crafty mojo, I haven't been crafting much...but felt some grungey mojo today!
Here is an altered piece I made this afternoon.  I started off with corrugated cardboard from a snack cardboard box.  I added Tim Holtz tissue tape around the outer edge, scrunching it and make it look worn.  I edged that off with some copper stain. 
All the images are from a DCWV paper stack called the Bon Voyage Travel paper stack.  I cut out the passport image along with the travel tag and tickets and Honolulu postal canceling stamp.  I distressed the edges with my distresser and also with distress inks.  A piece of burlapy trim was place under the tag and tickets.  Used velvety brown chipboard letters for the title.  The button up top was stained copper with my alcohol ink.  Thick and thin twine was added beneath it for texture.  The butterfly charm was also stained with copper alcohol ink.  I added a wood button with twine and another metal button.  The compass is a plastic compass that I stained with copper alcohol ink to make it look less plastic-y ;p'.  I added a Tim Holtz swivel clasp to it.  Last I added glossy accents to the faux metal paper clip and also a piece of airplane trim.  I had a ton of fun playing this afternoon! 
I am entering this project into the Simon Says Stamp and Show Some Travel! challenge this week.
Thanks for stopping by and I hope you have a lovely week!
*hugs* and Much aloha to you~!
Steph :)

13 comments:

~amy~ said...

Love the Fabbie grungey-ness:)

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

That is a cool project steph!! Love it!

Lean said...

This is cool work Steph love your details.
byebye,Lean and have a lovely sunday!

Ros said...

This is fabulous Steph ... sorry you've not been too well ... not feeling 100% either but like you my thoughts are with all those affected by the hurricane ... so worrying .. Have a lovely day and I hope you are back to full health soon ... sending love xxx

Friday said...

Awesome job, Steph. Love all the awesome details. I'm so glad you got some grungy mojo. I'm so Irene was kind to us last night. We got a double wammy with the earthquake and hurricane. We are all doing find and in tack... Have a great weekend. Hugs!!

Ira said...

Who wouldn't enjoy the journey with a card this pretty Steph! Love those tickets and compass, such a fine embellishment! Hope you're on the mend soon!! Take care, hugs, Ira

Lori said...

Wow! Love this...the compass, tickets, title. I could go on and on!

Linda R. said...

Love your grungey creation here.
Looks like you found your mojo.. Hope you are doing well my friend..

Hugs, Linda

Terry said...

I am so glad you got up a little grungy mojo! This is so grungy wonderful and perfect for the travel theme! Hope you get to feeling better real soon. Hugs!

Geraldine said...

Gorgeous, love the inking and the tim holtz tape, the compass is great too. Hope you are better soon, best wishes, Geraldine.

Audrey Pettit said...

What an adorable altered piece, Steph! So love the whole grunge look to this, and love all the texture and dimension. The tickets are fabulous. Love that compass piece and the mix of buttons.
So sorry to hear you've been so busy with work and have been under the weather. I sure hope things even out for you. :)

email: Steph@SimonSaysStamp.com said...

Ooh cool!! I love the variety of embellishments you have here! Lots of dimension and interest added by how you've arranged them too : ) Fabulous work!

Thanks so much for entering the Simon Says Stamp & Show Challenge!!!
-Sarah

Please:
*Follow Simon Says Stamp on Twitter
*Like us on Facebook

sasa said...

A great piece - love all the different elements and layers - glad you felt well enough to play! Thanks for sharing with Simon says Stamp & Show!
Sarah