Tuesday, January 10, 2012

~* Shabby Chic Birdhouse Ornament *~

Aloha Everyone!
Hope you're all having a wonderful week so far! 
Here's a little birdhouse ornament I created.  I painted the paper mache birdhouse with Antique White acrylic paint, then Crackle Medium, then Baby Pink acrylic paint and also rubbed on some more Antique White acrylic paint.  I adhered some lace as the roof and some pearl trim accents below the overhangs.  I added a birdie with pearl accents, which was part of a Prima embellishment given to me from my friend, Rina.  I distressed the birdie a little with Distress Ink in Antique Linen.  There is some burlap twine and fabric roses, and a bit of Prima Alencon lace.
Thanks for stopping by and have a great day!
*hugs* and Much aloha~!
Steph :)

11 comments:

Linda B said...

Wow... your little bird house is so beautiful!!! Love the bird and the flowers with the twine bow... gorgeous!

~amy~ said...

such a PRETTY birdhouse!!

Lean said...

Its a beautiful birdie home you have created...i love it!
byebye,Lean

Ros said...

Oh WOW!! this is so beautiful Steph ... I adore it!! The paint is lovely

Audrey Pettit said...

SO super sweet and adorable! Love the bird and that cluster of flowers is gorgeous! Love the pearl trim along the roof-line, too.

Ira said...

Oh wow Steph! This is super cute and utterly adorable!! Every single detail is gorgeous! Big hugs, Ira xox

Stella said...

The birdie is breathtaking :) and this color of paint is lovely for a romantic birdhouse like this. Love the addition of pearls to top off the roof. Feminine and chic!
Hugs,
Stella

Linda R. said...

Ahhhhh..... This is so darn cute. I just love it..

Hope you are having a happy week!!

Hugs, Linda

Terry said...

This is such a sweet and adorable birdhouse ornament! Love all the little details! Have a great day!

Tracy said...

Aww Steph this is so cute! I love all the layers of paints for that great shabby look and that little birdie is so sweet. :-) Hugs to you my friend!

Geraldine said...

very cute birdhouse, love it and all the embellishments.