Thursday, January 12, 2012

~* Shabby Chic Purse Desk Calendar Using Graphic 45 Baby 2 Bride Collection *~

Hi Everyone!  
I created this Shabby Chic purse/desk calendar using an unfinished wood purse box I purchased from my local craft store.  I first painted it with gesso, then Antique White acrylic paint.  I distressed it with the Distress Ink in Antique Linen.  The paper/images were from the Graphic 45 Baby 2 Bride Collection.  I've been saving this paper for a special project and the new CHA release coming up - Little Darlings - inspired me to break out the Collection and make something with it!  BTW, I love love love the Little Darlings Collection and cannot wait to get my hands on it!!!  Everything has a coat of Matte Multi-Medium.
I distressed all the edges of the papers with my fingernail and with Antique Linen Distress Ink.  The ruffled trim on the top was stained using Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist in Old Lace.  I added a bunch of new trims I recently purchased.  The paper roses on the top were distressed with Antique White acrylic paint.  The side with the calendar has some lace and the image was adhered to a piece of medium weight coaster and cut out.  It is on foam tape to allow for the calendar to sit on it.  There is a bit of Prima Alencon lace below the image.  Crackle Accents and Glossy Accents were added to many of the images to give them dimension.  Trinket pearls, a porcelain flower I distressed, a paper rose, and lace were added to the other side. 
I even added images inside the box.  The birdies on the branch were adhered to a piece of medium weight coaster and cut out.   It is on foam tape to allow space to add a special photo.  This little project will be sitting on my office desk :).    
Thanks for stopping by and have a great weekend!
*hugs* and Much aloha~!
Steph :)

8 comments:

Lean said...

Wauw you did a great job with the wood purse lovely details and yummie colors!
happy weekend byeee,Lean

~amy~ said...

What a Pretty project...love that it is a calendar and it has a place to store goodies!!! happy friday girlie!!!

Audrey Pettit said...

OMGoodness, what a beautiful and clever desk calendar! This is uh-mazing, Steph!

Ira said...

Oh sweet sweet sweet! Love how you altered the wood purse, it turned into such a lovely creation. Hope you're doing fine Steph, take care, all the best, hugs, Ira

Linda R. said...

That would look gorgeous on the desk in my craftroom... So pretty my friend..

Hugs, Linda

Ros said...

This is exquisite! so very unique and pretty ... you are clever Steph! Have a lovely weekend ... Much Aloha!

Tracy said...

Look at you just popping out all these gorgeous projects. That down time really purred on your creativity tempermental artist! LOL It's lovely Steph!

Stella said...

I love the way you turned this wood purse into a precious piece of ointerior decoration. It's not just a calendar; it's so much more. Love it!
Have a lovely weekend. Hugs,
Stella