Sunday, June 17, 2012

~* A Shabby Chic Altered Wooden Letter Using Graphic45 A Ladies' Diary *~

Aloha All!
Here is an altered wooden letter that I made for my dear friend, Ira!  It's a shabby chic letter.  I painted it with gesso and acrylic paint in Antique White.  I distressed it with Antique Linen distress ink.  I used the beautiful designer papers from Graphic 45's new A Ladies' Diary collection - can we say drool...hee hee.  This collection is my all-time fave right now.  I distressed the edges of the paper with my fingernail and also with distress  ink.  I added Crackle Accents to the rose and Frosted Lace Stickles to parts of the image.  There is some beautiful Guipure lace from Wild Orchid Crafts in addition to some Wild Orchid Crafts paper flowers - cherry blossom and roses.  I added some Prima lace and pearls/bling, two stickpins I made, a Melissa Frances resin piece, and some trinket pearls.  I had so much fun!
I am playing along with The Shabby Tea Room's Challenge: Week #118 Shabby Beautiful!  The rules are to use the beautiful photo for inspiration using pink, aqua, neutrals, and flowers and to make it shabby!  I am also playing along with Wild Orchid Challenge 52 - Anything Goes!
Thanks for stopping by and have a great rest of your weekend!
*hugs* and Much aloha~!
Steph :) 

6 comments:

Tracy said...

This is so perfectly Ira Steph. She's going to love everything about this beautiful piece. :-) Hugs!

~amy~ said...

Such a gorgeous gift...I'm sure she LOVES it.

Kathy said...

This is beautiful!

Ira Huberts said...

Oh you darling girl! Can't believe you made such a precious and beautiful piece just for me... {sigh}, it's just so gorgeous, you certainly know what I like Steph! Thanks a million, you've made me a happy girl! Hugs, Ira
irascreacorner.blogspot.com

Lena Katrine said...

Georgeous! Great colours and beautiful details! Thanks for joining our anything goes challenge at WOC!
Hugs, Lena Katrine

Ros Crawford said...

gorgeous Steph!