Sunday, August 19, 2012

~* Back-to-School Photo Display for my Sis *~

Aloha Everyone!
Sharing a photo display I created using coasters for my sis to display her kiddies' school photos.  The mats accommodate 2-1/2" x 3-1/2" wallet size photos.  I used the Crate Paper Pretty Party paper stack (don't ya love the strawberry paper :)).  I distressed the edges with Antique Linen and also added faux stitching with my pen.  I colored up the Greeting Farm images from the Oliver and Amelia Little Dreamer set with Copic markers.  Love those backpacks, aren't they adorable?  I used a bunch of Wild Orchid Craft flowers (all the paper roses are from Wild Orchid Crafts as well as the double layered crochet flower}...{Going to submit this project into the Wild Orchid Craft Challenge - Summer Flowers.}  I added some twine around the photo mats.  The blue one is from Doodlebug and the pink one is from kawaiigoodies on etsy.  I also added some buttons which are from kawaiigoodies.  The little wood rulers are from Maya Road.  I added some wood letters from Walmart which I painted with acrylic paint and then added Frosted Lace Stickles to them.  I also added Frosted Lace Stickles to the wings on her backpack.  I used some Stampin' Up! products including the punch and the trim to tie the two pieces together.  I also added some pearls - to the center of the crochet flower, the heart pearl near the "K" and the pearls on the tab.  I handwrote the "2012" on the tab.
Thanks for stopping by have a lovely week!
*hugs* and Much aloha~!
Steph :)
sweetcraf-teachick.blogspot.com

6 comments:

Ros Crawford said...

So sweet ... your Sis is going to love this ... The hard part is choosing what photos to put in it! Have a lovely day!

Ira Huberts said...

Oh just how cute this is Steph, your sister will love this indeed, so adorable! Hugs, Ira
irascreacorner.blogspot.com

Linda R said...

These are so sweet. Perfect for back to school..

Tracy said...

Oh man I could have used some of those little rulers on a recent project. LOL This is adorable Steph. Your sister's going to love this fun way to display her kiddie's pictures. Hugs!

~amy~ said...

Such a sweet giftie...I bet she loved it!

Pop's Cards said...

Hi sweetie, this is just gorgeous, I love your creation, Thank you for joining us at WOC this time huggles Pops x x x