Monday, September 17, 2012

~* Graphic 45 Little Darlings Keepsake Home Decor/Ornament *~

Aloha Everyone!

Sharing a re-purposed altered project today!  I used the paper mache box that housed my Making Memories Je t'adore embellishments.  I painted it with gesso and then with China Blue acrylic paint.  The outside and top rims are stamped using Graphic 45 Antiquing Dye Ink in Bon Voyage Blue.  I also distressed over the stamping and China Blue paint with Antique White paint.  I used the beautiful images from the Graphic 45 Little Darlings collection.  I love the image of the mama and her baby.  I added a sweet crochet flower and paper rose in the mama's hair from Wild Orchid Crafts.  Bits of delicate white lace with blue crochet edging are peaking out on the top right and bottom.  The trim is from Wild Orchid Crafts.  I fussy-cut a lot of the adorable images, distressed the edges with Antique Linen, and layered them.  The top left flower cluster has Crackle Accents here and there as well as a paper rose and a piece of Prima Alencon lace.  There is a cluster of WOC roses at the top right.  I distressed the flowers with Antique White paint.  Some cream trinket pearls hang from the cluster.  I added some blue heart pearl trim, cream trinket pearl trim, and a bit of sheer organza ribbon with a little flower.  The outer rim of the box has the stamping as I mentioned as well as the beautiful organza trim with blue half-back pearls on top.  The back has some designer paper from the collection.  I distressed it with paint and added some pearls around the paper.  At the top, I added some scrap organza trim that has a pretty accent on top.
I am entering this project into Challenge #30 - Good Things Come in Small Packages at Fashionable Stamping Challenges.  Here is a description of the challenge: "For this challenge you can really go to town with … ATC’s, Inchies, Domino Books or even a baby’s card or layout, the list is endless just like your imaginations."  I decided to make this baby keepsake home decor/ornament.
Thanks for stopping by and I hope you're having a fabulous week!
*hugs* and Much aloha~!
Steph :)   

6 comments:

Ros Crawford said...

Steh this i so lovely ... I love the image too and the details are amazing ... love the delicate lace and pearls ... Much Aloha to you

~amy~ said...

gorgeous! wow! love all your pretty details.

Shirl said...

This is so pretty Steph lots of work but the end product is well worth it.

Thank you for sharing with us at Fashionable Stamping Challenges.

Hugs Shirley x x

Fliss said...

A beautiful little box. The image is so sweet and the colours and embellishing just gorgeous.
Thanks for joining our small packages challenge at FSC, lovely to have you with us.
Hugs, Fliss x

Linda R said...

Pretty, Pretty.. I just love this.

Hugs~

Dots Dabbles said...

OMG...so much fine detail and it looks absolutely brilliant! Such a special little surprise package for someone. Thankyou for joining in our challenge at Fashionable Stamping Challenges this fortnight.
Dot x