Saturday, September 22, 2012

~* Mahalo! *~

Aloha Everyone!

This card is dedicated to all your sweet gals who support me with your sweet comments!  I really really appreciate your taking the time to stop by and comment.
I made this card using the super duper adorable "Beach Babe Sofie" from Sweet Nothings Paper Co.  I've been eyeing this digi for a long time!  Finally purchased it today!
Unfortunately, my toner is running out in my laser printer so the image isn't as dark as it should be, but it came out ok.  I colored up the image using my Copics with the Autumn Color Palette of this month's challenge at SNSC September 2012 Creative Challenge.
"Challenge: To use the color palette provided above. You may tweak it as you wish and add any other elements you'd like. Be as creative as you wish :D(Colors- dark peachy tan, candy apple red, bright coraly orange, light peachy tan, light sky blue)."  I must say that orange is out of my comfort zone, hehe.  I had a ton of fun playing along!  
The huge flowers are fabric flowers from a lei that I purchased.  I added one of the pearl drops from a trim as the stamen.  I also stickled the edges with Candy Cane Stickles which has red and orange tones.  The bling is Prima bling.  It was perfect because some of the pearls were the orangish/coral color.  The sentiment, "Mahalo," is a sticker that I adhered with dimensional foam tape.  I added some burlap twine string and a coconut shell button.  There is a doilie die-cut and I layered a circle on top.  Added some epoxy accents in white.  The little flower is a paper flower that I colored up with my Copics.  I colored the stamen yellow.  It was white :).  I added small cream colored flower trim and chubby teardrop pearls in the creamy coral color.  I added the Stickles around the sentiment and on top the pearl trim.
Mahalo for stopping by!  Hope you're having a fabulous weekend so far!
*hugs* and Much aloha~!
Steph :)

10 comments:

Sweet Nothings Stamp Co. said...

Stunning! You did a fab job! We appreciate you playing along! Good Luck!
xoLina

Ros Crawford said...

That's so cute ... full of pretty details as always ... much aloha to you!

Ira Huberts said...

What a supersweet gesture Steph! We could certainly use some sun over here, it's so darn cold... And your lovely card certainly brings the sun out in my heart! Hugs, Ira
irascreacorner.blogspot.nl

Linda R said...

That image is as cute as can be. Such a sweet card my friend.

Hugs~

~amy~ said...

awwww....such a fun card!!!!!!!

Friday said...

Awesome job Steph. That's image is so adorable. Great coloring too. TFS... Hugs!!

Sharon said...

Love it Steph! Thanks so much for participating in the challenge this month!

NikkiMay said...

Way cute!

Tracy said...

She's a cutie Steph! Perfect for where you are. :-) Hope everything's going well for you. Hugs my friend!

DeNetra Bates said...

thanks so much for entering your beautiful creation in the SNSC Creative challenge !!
I love it !

Hugs !