Sunday, September 30, 2012

~* May Arts/Helmar September Craft Challenge – Ink it! - Shabby Chic/Vintage Muslin/Burlap Fabric Mini Book - Project #1 *~

Aloha Everyone!
Sharing with you one of the two projects that I created for the May Arts/Helmar Craft Challenge - Ink It!  The challenge was to: use 450 Quick Dry, each ribbon we provide you with & that you color the ribbon (I selected the flowers, suede leaves, mini pom poms, and canvas trim).
Photo #1:
Photo #2:
Photo #3:
Photo #4:
Photo #5:
Photo #6:
Photo #7:
Photo #8:
Photo #9:
Photo #10:
Photo #11:
Photo #12:
I made this book from pieces of burlap and muslin that I cut.  I love the texture of these two fabrics.  I used the beautiful Prima Romance Novel paper collection by Marion Smith.  All the papers have a "white-wash" of Antique White acrylic paint and the edges are distressed with paint.  
Photo#1: The front cover has lots of layering of lace and trims, flowers (paper and fabric), pearls, and images from the collection.  I inked up the May Arts mini pom pom trim on the left-hand side of the book with Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist in Old Lace.  There is a strip of the May Arts canvas trim under the lace that was stamped with a rose stamp and inked up with Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist in Crushed Shells.  I added two stickpins that I made near the May Arts rosette that I cut from the trim and colored it up with Lindy's Stamp Gang in Cape Cod Coral.  I added a pearl brad to the center.  I colored up the May Arts suede leaf with Lindy's Stamp Gang My Mojito Green.  There is a Tim Holtz mini paper clip, a metal key with a tiny pearl heart brad and a bit of lace tight around it.  I added Crackle Accents to the typewriter image.  There are some pink trinket pearls.
Photo #2: I added the designer paper to a coin enveloped.  Distressed the edges with paint.  Added some of the images from the collection.  The May Arts flower and suede leaf were colored with the same colors as the cover.  I added a small Prima rose to the center of the May Arts rosette.  I added some Prima pearl bling.  The bottom has the May Arts mini pom pom trim that was sprayed with the Lindy's Stamp Gang in Cotton Candy Pink.  I folded the pom pom trim over its self so the pom poms only show.
Photo #3: I added Crackle Accents to the typewriter image.  There is a bit of lace at the top which I layered a sentiment from the collection and added Crackle Accents.  I also layered two lace trims and some black pearl flower trim on the right side.
Photo #4: I added tiny ivory pearl flower trim on the left side, layered some of the images from the collection and added Prima pearl bling.
Photo #5: I also layered some of the images from the collection and the tiny envelope on the bottom is from the collection.  I added a bow I made from lace trim and there is a magnetic closure.  The bottom has the May Arts mini pom pom trim inked up with Lindy's Stamp Gang in cotton candy pink.     
Photo #6: I added some eyelet lace at the top and layered some medium sized pearl flower trim on top.  The bottom has three layers of tiny delicate lace.  I added a May Arts flower that is inked up with Lindy's Stamp Gang in Salt Water Taffy.  The center of the flower is a pretty vintagey button.  The May Arts suede leaf is inked up with Lindy's Stamp Gang My Mojito Green.
Photo #7: Added some lace trim at the top.  Layered the "Note To Self" which I cut out from the collection on top of another tag image from the collection.  Added some Glossy Accents to the rose.  On the right bottom corner, I added Crackle Accents to the typewriter and added a Tim Holtz typewriter charm and added a bit of that tiny delicate lace.
Photo #8: This page is simple because I loved the beautiful image and did not want to cover it.  I added Crackle Accents to accent some of the flowers.
Photo #9: Layered some delicate eyelet lace, lace, and the May Arts mini pom pom trim I sprayed with Lindy's Stamp Gang in cotton candy pink.     
Photo #10: Added some pretty lace with pink peaking behind.  The typewriter has some Crackle Accents and I fussy-cut the sentiment from the collection.
Photo #11:  I made the big rosette with the May Arts canvas trim using the same technique that we used as kids to make roses out of lauhala leaves.  I sprayed it with Lindy's Stamp Gang in cotton candy pink and added a half-back pearl as the center.  I made the May Arts mini pom pom trim into a poofy flower.  It is inked up with the same cotton candy pink.  There is a baby Prima rose, some trinket pearls, and a glittery pink leaf.
Photo #12: This is the back cover showcasing one of the lace trims that was wrapped around the book.
Here's a sideview of my book (below).  It came out quite chunky :)!
Here are close-up views of my book (below):
Thanks for stopping by and hope you have a great week!
*hugs* and Much aloha~!
Steph :)

3 comments:

~amy~ said...

Gorgeous!!! Love how many details you always add to your projects!

Linda R said...

WOW! I am speechless. Your album is awesome. Love the shabby feel it has and all the wonderful detail you put into it. It really is gorgeous.

Hugs~

Judie said...

wow this is gorjuss, im taken away by it, your so talented x

Hugs
Judie
www.crafty-emblies.org