Monday, October 1, 2012

~* May Arts/Helmar September Craft Challenge – Ink it! - Upcycled Altered Trinket Box - Project #2 *~


Aloha Everyone!
Sharing with you my second project that I created for the May Arts/Helmar Craft Challenge - Ink It!  The challenge was to use 450 Quick Dry, each ribbon we provide you with & that you color the ribbon (I selected the flowers, suede leaves, mini pom poms, and canvas trim).
For this project, I upcycled and altered a Pocky box :).  I used the beautiful Prima Romance Novel paper collection by Marion Smith.  All the papers have a "white-wash" of Antique White acrylic paint and the edges are distressed with acrylic paint.  I added muslin to the front panel to add texture before adhering the designer paper.  There are layered images, lace, flowers (paper and fabric), Crackle Accents, and trinket pearls.
On the top flap, I added some of the May Arts mini pom pom trim that I sprayed with Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist in Crushed Shells.  I made the huge puffy flower from three of the May Arts rosettes and the center was created with the May Arts mini pom pom trim.  I sprayed it with Lindy's Stamp Gang spray in Cotton Candy Pink and Cape Cod Coral.  I also distressed it with some acrylic paint.
Thanks for stopping by and hope you have a great week!
*hugs* and Much aloha~!
Steph :)  

4 comments:

~amy~ said...

How clever are you?!!!

Linda R said...

This is totally amazing my friend. I just love your Shabby chic style..

Hugs~

Ira Huberts said...

Oh this is truly gorgeous Steph, don't you just love these PM papers? WOW and that flower! A real stunner my friend! Hugs, Ira
irascreacorner.blogspot.nl

Ros Crawford said...

Love this altered box ... you made it look so pretty ... Have a lovely day! xxx