Sunday, October 14, 2012

~* Shabby Chic Altered Wood Frame (from the Target Dollar Bin) *~

Aloha All!
Welcome to my new subbies :)!
Sharing an altered frame that I created using a Target Dollar Bin wood frame.  
I loved having lots of shabby layers in this project.  I painted the frame with acrylic paint.  I adhered some shabby chic origami paper onto the front of the frame.  There is a bunch of doodles that I drew with Star Dust Stickles (love Stickles!).  I also layered lots of Wild Orchid Craft, Prima, and Making Memories roses.  All of the flowers have Stickles on them.  I added the heart crystal spray from WOC.  I made sort of a rosette from delicate eyelet trim and I placed that under the flower bunch on the left.  I framed the inner part of the frame with an organza trim that had flower beads on it.  I added some trinket pearls in flower and heart shapes.  There is a bunch of pearl trims, including the heart one draped in the upper left corner.  I also added some Prima pearl bling.  Around the edge of the frame is some pearl trim and some lace.  
I even finished the back with half-back pearls, doodles made with Stickles, the organza trim and eyelet lace with a flower bunch on top.  These flowers have Stickles added to them as well.
I had a lot of fun altering this frame.
I am entering this project into Sugar Creek Hollow: #33 - Show Some Sparkle.  This project sure has a lot of sparkle :).
I wish you a lovely week!
*hugs* and Much aloha,
Steph :)

5 comments:

~amy~ said...

Such an awesome transformation....FAB work!

Audrey Pettit said...

Oh, goodness! What vintage loveliness! Fabulous transformation of that dollar bin frame, Steph!

Ros Crawford said...

Oh my goodness ... this re-cycled frame is beautiful ... I just love how you take something so plain and turn it into a work of art! sending much aloha

Linda R said...

I just love the way you change up that frame. It is gorgeous.

Hugs~

Daniele said...

what a gorgeous frame so many sparkly details thanks for joining us a Sugar Creek Hollow
hugs