Tuesday, October 9, 2012

~* Shabby Chic Teenie Weenie Altered Wooden Trinket Box *~

Aloha Everyone!
I think I'm coming down with a cold or the vog is bothering me :(...but I am happy that I got to complete my project tonight :)!
I altered a tiny wooden shadow box.  I painted it with acrylic paints and added this pretty shabby chic origami paper that I had in my stash.  I added a whitewash of Antique White paint over the paper.  I layered laces and eyelet laces, and heart pearl trims.  The top has a bunch of Wild Orchid Craft paper roses in Pink Mist, Aqua, and Peach.  I added Frosted Lace Stickles to all the flowers.  The teenie tiny rosebuds are from my friend, Rina.  I added a bit of organza trim with a plastic flower, small flower bead trim, and pretty heart lace trim in the upper left corner.  I added trinket pearls around the shadow box frame.  Inside the shadow box, I added some more of the paper and added a rose charm pendant, which I tied a bit of delicate lace through the hole.  There is also lace under the spray of Wild Orchid Craft roses in the bottom right corner.  Trinket pearls are woven through the spray and some medium flower bead trim was added in the lower left corner.  I added two halfback pearls and a tiny Wild Orchid Craft rose near the box closure. 
There are pinks, greens, white, and lace in my project so I am entering it into The Shabby Tea Room's Week #135 - Beautiful Romance challenge.  Here is the inspiration photo.
I am also entering this project into the Wild Orchid Challenge Week #60 - Anything Goes.  I used a bunch of Wild Orchid Craft paper roses on my project.  I love their flowers.
Thanks for stopping by and I wish you a lovely day!
*hugs* and Much aloha~!
Steph :)

11 comments:

~amy~ said...

gorgeous altered box! So many pretty details...I just got over a cold that I had over the weekend but I'm still so very tired...take care of yourself!

jannekevanveen said...

wow it's beautiful!!

Ros Crawford said...

This is a typical Steph beauty! Love all the little embellishments ... so lovely ...

Ira Huberts said...

Oh how delicate this is Steph... such a fabulous and utterly romantic project, love this! Hope you're doing fine and that that cold isn't going to catch up with you! Hugs, Ira
irascreacorner.blogspot.nl

jacirascrap said...

Adoro todas suas pérolas!!!

papercraftnut said...

This is stunning! So many beautiful layers. Love everything about it.

Tracy said...

Stunning Steph! You are the queen of embellishments and altered pieces. :-) Hugs!

Rebekah said...

What a beautiful trinket box! Lovely details.
SO glad you could play along with us at TSTR this week:)

Audrey Pettit said...

Hi there, Steph!! :) What a cutie pie little altered box this is! Totally amazing detailing! Love the soft vintage look. That plastic flower on the top is sooooo eye catching!

Shea said...

Oh my goodness, this is BEAUTIFUL!! I love everything about it - the colors, layers, textures, roses...everything!!

Linda R said...

WOW. What a gorgeous box you have created. I just love seeing all the pretty details you add to your projects. So pretty.

Hugs~