Tuesday, December 18, 2012

~* Grungey Chic-y Altered Jewelry Box using the Prima Almanac Collection *~

Aloha!
Sharing an altered wood jewelry box that I made.  It was plain wood and I painted it with acrylic paint and distressed it with Distress Ink in Black Soot.  I added the beautiful papers and fussy-cut a bunch of the images and layered them for dimension.  Everything is distressed with Distress Ink and gesso.  I added a bunch of yummy vintage laces and trims, pearl trims, vintage metal pieces, vintage button, foam and paper flowers, crystals, and lots of pieces of jewelry.  I had a blast creating this project that I will give away as a gift.
I am entering this gift into Simon Says Stamp and Show - Challenge: Gift-spiration.
Thank you for stopping by!  Hope you're all having a wonderful Holiday season!  I'm so behind on my cards and gifts...December just snuck up on me especially since I was sick :(.  Wishing you all well.
*hugs* and Much aloha~!
Steph :)

10 comments:

Juls said...

wow thats just amazing!!!! I LOVE all the detail!! Hugs Juls

Candy C said...

Wow! Now THIS is a shabby chic jewelry box! I love those Prima Almanac papers. You've done such a nice job of utilizing their shabby chic quality to transform them into such a lovely box. Love the mirror on the inside lid, too! All of the dimensional flowers on the lid, all of the pearls, all of the lace, the little metal embellishments...all work so well together to create such a vintage appeal! Thanks for sharing your creation with us at Simon Says Stamp and Show. <3 Candy

~amy~ said...

such a magnificent altered box!

jannekevanveen said...

wow it's amazing!!

Linda R said...

This looks amazing. Lots of layered goodness my friend. You are so good at this shabby Chic style.

Hugs~

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Just as sweet as can be - I just love those shabby goodies!!!!

Jo said...

wow! what a beautiful stunning project!

Terry said...

Thank you so much for sharing your fabulous project with the DT from Simon Says Stamp and SHow, love the colours and the flowers and every little detaill on your Shabby Chic Box wowwzerss Hugs Terry xxxx

Ros Crawford said...

Beautiful ... This is something you could look at for hours and still see something more ... the details are terrific!

soapHOUSEmama said...

I love all the little treasures and bits you have on here! Gorgeous work! Thanks so much for joining us at Simon Says Stamp and Show! - Ashli :)