Wednesday, January 30, 2013

~* Tsunami Rose Designs - Challenge Wednesday - #5 - Butterflies *~


Aloha!

Tsunami Rose Links:                                           
  • Add our challenge badge to your blog!!
"/>

Here's an altered Michaels frame that my friend Joanne gave to me.  It was originally all green (you can see the original color peaking through).  I painted the frame with Lilac Mist acrylic paint.  Then I added Sparkle Mod Podge on top. I really like how it looks :).  I added the beautiful designer paper from the Tsunami Rose Designs' "New Beginnings" Printable Journal.  I also fussy-cut the pretty butterfly and floral image from the collection.  I added Crackle Accents to the butterfly, then added a layer of Sparkle Mod Podge on top.  There is some lace that I tied in a knot, a heart pearl, trinket pearls draped on the frame, some paper flowers that I added Stickles to.  I painted the white plastic fan button with the same acrylic paint and then added Stickles all over.  I added a piece of the flower pearl trim near the handle.
Thanks for stopping by and come play along with us at the Tsunami Rose Challenge!
*hugs* and Much aloha~!
Steph :)    




4 comments:

~amy~ said...

Such a pretty transformation!

Ros Crawford said...

Great frame!! You did a fabulous job altering this ... hope all is well with you

Ira Huberts said...

A beautifully altered frame Steph, lovely details, so pretty! How have you been lately? Long time no hear! Hugs, Ira
irascreacorner.blogspot.nl

Juls said...

stunning!!! LOVE all the sparkle! Hugs Juls