Sunday, February 3, 2013

~* Grungey Chic-y Altered Paper Mache Letter M using Prima Romance Novel Collection *~

Aloha!
Sharing another grungey chic-y altered project.  I altered an 8" paper mache letter M that I picked up from my local craft store.  I painted it all with Antique White acrylic paint.  Everything is distressed with my fingernail and with Black Soot Distress Ink and gesso.  I used the Prima Romance Novel collection.  My friend, Joanne, had kindly gifted me with an A4 size stack recently.  I added layers of embellishments including Crackle Accents, cheesecloth, lace, pearls, Wild Orchid Craft paper roses (Trellis, Open, Rose Buds, Wild Roses, Cottage Roses), an earring from Forever 21, Studio G metal charms from Walmart, and tissue paper I bought from the Target Dollar Bin.  I did the tearing apart of the papers and added lace below.  That's a technique that tons of artists have used and I really like it.  Really cool.  I added some white lace that I distressed with Distress Ink.  It's holding the bundle of rose buds.  I cut out images and a sentiment piece from the collection.  I cut the sentiment piece down because it was too big.
I'm entering this project into the following:
-Wild Orchid Challenge - Challenge 69 - Anything Goes
Thanks for stopping by and I wish you a wonderful week!
*hugs* and Much aloha~!
Steph :)

3 comments:

Linda R said...

Lots and Lots of yummy layers here. you know I love it..

Hugs~

Pop's Cards said...

Good morning sweetie, what a stunning creation, thank you for joining us at Wild Orchid Craft's this time, hugs Pops x

Juls said...

WOW!! This is just gorgeous!! Hugs Juls