Friday, March 29, 2013

~* Prima Divine Spring Altered Shadow Box for the May Arts Spring Craft Challenge *~

Aloha!~
This Spring Shadow Box was created for the May Arts Spring Craft Challenge :).  I used a wood box that a co-worker had given to me to upcycle.  
I first added some Martha Stewart Stucco Paint to the inside of the box.  I then added a layer of gesso over that and on the outside of the box.  Love the texture.  I sprayed the gesso with some Tattered Angels and Lindy's Stamp Gang sprays.  I added some text print tissue paper and some gesso over that.  I later painted the inside edges with gesso mixed with blue-ish acrylic paint.  I used the beautiful Prima Divine Collection.  I fussy-cut a bunch of the images out from the papers.  I added Crackle Accents to the rose images and gesso to all the edges.  There are tons of yummy Wild Orchid Crafts paper roses, pretty baubles (pearls and crystals and ceramic beads), fused pearl strands that I made into baubles, crochet doilie, tatted crochet heart doilie, a little plastic dove, and a paper doilie.  I also added a dangley crystal charm from the ceiling of the box.  Everything is distressed with gesso.
Here is the inspiration photo:
I used the following May Arts trims in my project:


  • Teal String: 449-34 {top left}- used this trim to tie the bow made with the White Eyelet trim, made a little rolled crochet "center" for my bows at the bottom right corner and the bouquet on the left side of the box.
  • White Eyelet: 447-38-01 {top middle}- used to make the bow at the top of the box, lined the edges of face of the box with the trim, and made a bow at the bottom with the trim.
  • Natural Burlap: 398-4-11 {bottom middle}- created the burlap rolled rose at the top of the box and at the right-hand corner of the box.  Also, added a piece of the trim on the bottom of the box.
  • Salmon Faux Lightweight Canvas: 444-58-20 {bottom right}- wrapped it around the box and also created a bow with it at the bottom right corner.
On April 15th, everyone's projects will be posted on the May Arts blog and you'll have a chance to vote for your faves :).
Happy Spring :)!
Thanks for stopping by and have a lovely day!
*hugs* and Much aloha~!
Steph :)

1 comment:

Juls said...

Wow!!! Such a lot of work! Perfect results!! Hugs Juls