Sunday, April 7, 2013

~* Altered Trinket Box and Card for Sabs' Birthday Trinket Box Challenge *~

Aloha!
Hope you're all having a wonderful day :)!  I created these two projects this weekend for one of my friend Sabs' birthday challenge on YouTube.  The challenge was to create a trinket box (card is optional) using lavender, lace, Stickles, and pearls.  I love all of the above so I had a ton of fun creating these for her.    
I used the adorable CC Designs image called Honey August.  Isn't she cute?!?  I colored her up with my Copic markers then added Star Dust and Frosted Lace Stickles to her.  I also added a little tiny paper rose to her hair that I added champagne metallic paint to (I did this to most of the paper roses or added Star Dust Stickles).  I used some designer papers from the Prima Meadow Lark collection and the Melissa Frances C'est La Vie collection on both projects.
The box was actually an alterable box that had paper and a pencil.  I decided to take out the paper and the pencil and just make it a trinket box that Sabs' can put embellies or trinkets in.  I painted the whole thing with gesso.  Then I added Martha Stewart stucco paint to the top frame and the sides of the box.  I then painted everything with lavender acrylic paint.      I rubbed champagne metallic acrylic paint over the areas that had the stucco paint.  I loooove how it came out!  Love the texture!  I painted up some wood alphas with the lavender acrylic paint and then rubbed on the champagne metallic paint.  I embellished the box with pearls, fused pearl strand, pearl spray, crystals, satin roses, button, fabric butterfly, layered lace, heart lace from Suhafuha, paper flowers, bling, and a pearl bowtie.  I added some lavender rosette trim on the outer portion of the box and added a beautiful pink applique trim.  Those and the layered lace was from my friend, Annie :).  The box can sit open like an easel card.
The card is 4.5"x4.5".  I used a white cardstock base and added the designer papers that I distressed with my distressing tool.  I added flower purple pearl trim on the outside of the card, fused pearl trim around the center portion, a fabric butterfly, paper flowers, acrylic wheat sprays, pearl spray, satin, roses, and the same layered lace.  I stamped the sentiment with my new word stamps.
I hope Sabs likes these projects that I made for her.
Thanks for stopping by and have a great day!
*hugs* and Much aloha,
Steph :)  

1 comment:

Juls said...

Gorgeous!! Loving all the sparkle!! Hugs Juls xxx