Sunday, May 26, 2013

~* Grungey Chic Altered Box, Altered Paper Mache Letter, and Easel Card using Prima Romance Novel *~

Aloha!
Here are some projects I created for a swap with my friend.  She likes the colors black, white, and pink and also the Parisian flair.  She also mentioned that she really liked the grungey chic altered paper mache letter that I made for our friend.  Since I had created the grungey chic altered paper mache letter with the Prima Romance Novel collection, I decided to go that same route - grungey chic!  Hope she likes these handmade gifts.  
Here's an altered wood box that I made.  I started off with a wood box with a hinged lid.  I painted the faces that I was going to alter with gesso. I then covered the box with the Prima Romance collection.  I distressed all the edges of the papers with my distressing tool as well as Distress Ink in Black Soot.  I curled up some of the corners of the papers.  The white and black Guipire lace is from Wild Orchid Crafts.  There are Wild Orchid Crafts flowers, Claire's jewelry pieces I used as embellishments (including the bottle of gems, the black bow, the Eiffel Tower Coin, the black bling, and the pink pearl beaded trim), resin rose cabochons and a bead from some costume jewelry...I used my Art Is, Ledger, and brick stencils with modeling paste all over all of these projects.
The ivory rosette trim and the metal pieces that I used as the few are from my friend, Annie.  I used some laces that I purchased from The Piece by Piece.  I tied some Wild Orchid Crafts seam binding into a bow and added a jewelry piece from Forever 21.  There is also some May Arts crochet trim that I tied in a bow and placed it over the brick pattern.
Everything is distressed with gesso or Distress Ink in Black Soot.
Here's an altered paper mache letter T that I made.  I painted the entire letter with gesso first.  I then used the Prima Romance Novel papers which I have layered and distressed with my distressing tool and Distress Ink in Black Soot.  I cut open parts of the paper, place some other designer paper beneath and added some pretty ecru lace.  I used a bunch of flowers from my friend Rina, as well as Wild Orchid Crafts flowers.  I added some more jewelry pieces - the other side of the black bling earring, an Eiffel Tower charm, and an Eiffel Tower with coral rose earring.  There are pearl stamens, trinket pearls I tied in knots, a Prima Vintage Trinket, a fancy button, some more costume jewelry rose resin pieces, and some vintage lace.
A little mini dove sits in the middle flower cluster.  I added two stickpins that I made.  There is some more of the Guipire lace and the May Arts crochet trim.  I added a halfback pearl on the May Arts crochet trim bow.  
I used my stencils here and there.  Everything is distressed with gesso or Distress Ink in Black Soot.
Here's an easel card that I made.  I started off with black cardstock.  I added different pieces of the Romance Novel designer papers.  I curled up the right corner to reveal the Guipire lace below.  There are Wild Orchid Crafts roses, seam binding, May Arts crochet trim, a crochet doilie, a resin rose cabochon, trinket pearls I tied in a knot...I added some black rosette trim from my friend Annie, trinket pearls, some heart lace trim from Suhafuha, and some more of the May Arts crochet trim.
I used my stencils on this card as well.  Everything is distressed with gesso or Distress Ink in Black Soot.

** Since my favorite Distress Ink at the moment is Black Soot, which I used on each of the projects, I would like to enter these projects into the Simon Says Stamp and Show Challenge: Favorite Ink.

Thanks for stopping by!  Have a great day!
*hugs* and Much aloha~!
Steph :)

4 comments:

Juls said...

Ooooooh wow this is gorgeous!!! Hugs Juls xxx

soapHOUSEmama said...

Gorgeous and Stunning work!!!! Thanks so much for joining us this week at Simon Says Stamp and Show! - Ashli :)

Ira Huberts said...

Fab creations Steph, I just love these papers, they're so romantic! Hugs, Ira

Embellishments said...

Hi Steph :-) these are so beautiful girl.
Hugs, Steff