Tuesday, June 11, 2013

~* Shabby Chic Altered Pastry Glassine Bag using Kaisercraft Sweet Nothings *~

Aloha!
Hope everyone is having a great week so far!  My week has been okay...I'm still sick and sound like a froggie :(.  
Here is an altered pastry glassine bag that I made using Kaisercraft Sweet Nothings.  I got this bag with my pizza order from one of the eateries near my work.  They had put napkins in it and I immediately thought of using it for a crafty project.
I used a bunch of the papers and a doilie.  Distressed all the edges.  I added Wild Orchid Crafts guipire lace, some lace from my friend Tammy, and some May Arts crochet trim.  There is lots of yummy Wild Orchid Crafts roses, hydrangea (I folded in half), and cherry blossoms.  I fussy-cut the butterfly out of the collection.  I added the pretty Whimsy Stamps Wee Stamps Hopeful image.  I colored her with my Copic markers.  I also used some pretty Webster's Pages trims.  
I created a "card" to write on by adhering some of the designer papers to a piece of chipboard.

On the back, I adhered some of the designer paper that I distressed.  I added a diecut and put my info on it.  Added some pretty lace from Tammy and layered the cute heart trim on top.  Also, added the diecut border strip at the top.
\
Entering this altered glassine bag into:
- Wild Orchid Challenges - Week #78 Lots of Layers
- Magnolia-licious and Wee Stamps Challenge Blog - Luscious Lace

Thanks so much for stopping by and have a great day!
*hugs* and Much aloha,
Steph :)  

9 comments:

NickelNook said...

Froggies are cute, Steph, so it's okay if you sound like one! :o)
Another beautiful project! That's a sweet image too! So...are you going to be ordering pizza more often now? lol Have a great day!...Nancy :o)

Craftylittlethings said...

So beautiful!

Malin ~ Lillpiga said...

Thanks for joining us at WOC with your lovely card!

Regards Malin ♥

Ira Huberts said...

Such a lovely card Steph, love the abundance of pretty flowers, such a darling image that is, too! Hugs, Ira
irascreacorner.blogspot.nl

Patti Jo said...

Pretty in the pastels with lots of gorgeous flowers and lace! So glad you could join the us at the Magnolia-licious and Wee Stamps Challenge Blog.

Linda R said...

This looks so pretty..

Hugs~

Audrey Pettit said...

What a fabulous job of upcycling this is, Steph! Such a sweet design just filled to the brim with beautiful detail. Love all those flowers and that fun image. Creative card insert, too!

Anne Kristine said...

Such a lovely card!
Lovely image
Thanks for joining our challenge at WOC this time - hope to see you back at our next challenge!
Hugs Anne Kristine

Lori said...

Beautiful - love all those flowers!