Monday, September 23, 2013

~* Altered Sunscreen Box using Graphic 45 Happy Haunting Collection for Graphic 45 September "Autumn Upcycling" Challenge on Facebook *~

Aloha!
I wanted to play along with the Graphic 45 September "Autumn Upcycling" Challenge on Facebook.  You can go over now and vote for your favorite :)!
Our challenge was to upcycle a household item using a Halloween or Autumn theme with Graphic 45 papers and Staples.  I upcycled a Shiseido sunscreen box with the Graphic 45 Happy Haunting collection and the Staples metal flower.
I covered the entire box with different designer papers from the Graphic 45 Happy Haunting collection.  I then added Glossy Accents and Stickles to many of the images to give them dimension.  I also fussy-cut images from the papers.  The image of the girl and pumpkin and the ravens are on dimensional foam adhesive.  I added the metal flower that I bent up the edges, some black lace, and a flower bling that I got from Claire's.  I added a row of bling on top edge and black half-back pearls on the bottom edge.
Side Views:
On the back, I added some black velcro to close the box.  I added some designer paper to the inside of the flap as well.
On the top, I added a black bead from Rozzella's kit and some black lace from Jaizella's store - Lavish Laces.
I added some designer paper and some large half-back pearls from Wild Orchid Crafts as the feet of the box.
It's a fun box to hold Halloween treats :)!
(Note: post date was to coincide with the date that voting begins.)
Thanks for stopping by and have a great day :)!
*hugs* and Much aloha,
Steph :)

1 comment:

Audrey Pettit said...

OMGosh, fabulous! So up my Halloween-loving alley and awesome upcycling!