Sunday, September 1, 2013

~* Shabby Chic Altered Pizza Cardboard Circle *~

Aloha!
So, I've gotten excited before eating at one of the eateries near my work.  I always get excited because they give me a pastry bag/glassine bag to put in some napkins when I order pizza to go.  This time, not only did I get a pastry bag, the circular cardboard under my pizza was clean (they put a piece of parchment paper over it).  So, I decided to alter it!  
I've been itching to do shabby shabby chic so this is what I came up with.  I first painted the cardboard with gesso.  Then, I used the pretty papers from the Colorbok Victorian Parlour collection that my friend Rina had given to me.  I used a couple of the papers which I distressed with my fingernail and also fussy-cut images from, including the top piece (which I added Stickles to) and the left side piece.
Then, I embellished, embellished, embellished.  I used a bunch of yummies from Wild Orchid Crafts, Prima, and MB's Treasurista.  The large oval doilie is from MB's Treasurista.  At first, I was going to trim it to fit the circle, but I liked how it looked draping over and beyond the cardboard circle.
There is a beautiful applique with satin flower in the middle at the top of the altered piece.  I also added some Pink Paislee chipboard butterflies, crystal spray, pearl stamen, a glittery milk glass like button from my friend Rose, some Prima Alencon lace, azar berry sprays, beaded trinket pearls that I knotted, paper leaves and flowers that I stickled, a crown stickpin, and gorgeous laces. 
I am entering this project into the Wild Orchid Challenge: Challenge 84 - Pink and Cream.  The majority of the flowers are Wild Orchid Crafts - trellis roses, cottage roses, rosebuds, wild roses, baby roses, and cream rose cabochons.  I also added some Guipire lace and a crown stickpin from Wild Orchid Crafts.
Thanks for stopping by and have a great day :)!
*hugs* and Much aloha,
Steph :)


5 comments:

Lisa Vega said...

WOW Steph, this is just beautiful!
HUgs, Lisa

Lisa Vega said...

Wow Steph! This is just Beautiful!
Hugs, Lisa

Friday said...

WOW. I absolutely love your altered project. Good luck on the challenge too. Hugs!!

Pop's Cards said...

HI sweetie this is just gorgeous, fabulous design, thank you for joining us at WOC this time, hugs Pops x x x

Audrey Pettit said...

OMGosh, sooooo amazing, Steph! So intricately detailed and feminine and gorgeous! And I LOVE that you crafted this from recycled cardboard! Genius!