Sunday, October 6, 2013

~* craftycity.com Designer of the Month - Project #1 - Altered Fairy Wood Book Box *~

Aloha!
I was honored that Archana asked me to be the Designer of the Month for craftycity.com.  She sent over a sweet Design Team package and you can find it at this link.
I altered a wood book box that I purchased from Hobby Lobby.  I gessoed it up and then adhered designer papers from the Glitz Hello Friend 6x6 paper pad.  I fussy-cut the rose images from one of the papers.  I doodled over the papers with Stickles.  
I used the beautiful Petaloo spray and intertwined the pretty coral roses and blue rose sprays into them.  I also added the Prima Lady Godivas in Orange Ice.  All the flowers have Stickles and gesso on them.  I knotted trinket pearls and added them by the flower clusters.  I also tied a bow with the Prima Alencon lace.  The little baby roses and leaves are also from her store.  I made two stickpins from the metal beadcaps and metal wings and crystal stickpins.  
The center piece is made up of a paper doilie, two crochet doilies, a metal butterfly that I cut apart and used the wings behind the fairy cameo.  I also added some Prima Alencon lace and burlap twine behind the cameo.
I also added designer papers to the spine and back of the box.  The spine has some pleated satin ribbon from my stash and some Prima Alencon lace and trinket pearls.  

Thanks for stopping by and have a great day!
*hugs* and Much aloha, 
Steph :)

1 comment:

Ira Huberts said...

You did a great job altering this box Steph, LOVE that fairy cameo (I'm a huge fan of cameos!) and your flowers galore! Hope you're doing fine, sending hugs, Ira
Ira’s Crea Corner