Sunday, December 29, 2013

~* Shabby Chic Card using La-La Land Crafts Altered Heart Balloon Marci *~

Aloha!
Can't believe 2014 is just around the corner!  I want to wish everyone a Happy New Year!  May the New Year bring you many smiles, much laughter, and good health!  
Here is a card that I made today.  I was inspired by the sketch on the La-La Lands Craft Group Facebook page Contest #22 - Sketch Challenge.  I'm entering this card in the challenge.

 

I altered Heart Balloon Marci, but cutting off the balloon.  I wanted the image of Marci to stand alone and be the focus of the card.  I colored her up with my Copic markers.  I used the beautiful DCWV The Primrose stack.  I distressed the edges with my fingernail.  I cut the butterfly from the collection and added a Butterbee Scraps metal butterfly that distressed with gesso.  I bent the butterflies at the body to give them more dimension.  I knotted some trinket pearls and added it as the body of the butterfly.  I also used Butterbee Scraps metal filigree corners and distressed them with gesso.  I added some trinket pearls, Wild Orchid Crafts roses and cabochon and heart pearls, Prima baby roses, a button, a flower bead, Prima crochet flourish, and crochet trim I tied in a bow.  The sentiment, "Love," is a Girl's Paperie trinket charm.
Thanks for stopping by and I hope that all is well!
*hugs* and Much aloha,
Steph :)   

No comments: