Friday, December 13, 2013

~* Shabby Chic Christmas Altered Shadow Box *~

Aloha!
Sharing with you the Shabby Chic Christmas Altered Shadow Box that I had created for the Walking in a Winter Wonderland YT Hop :)!  I had a ton of fun creating this project.  Hope you were able to hop along with us on the Hop :).
I created this shadow box with a Melissa & Doug wood box that contained a children's craft kit.  Love altering these boxes.  They are perfect and the price is reasonable :).  I gessoed up the entire box.  It was originally pink.  I adhered the Melissa Frances "Home for the Holidays" designer papers on all the faces of the interior nooks.  I added snowtex for that wintery snow feel.  I painted the sides and top of the box with Martha Stewart stucco paint, then painted those sides and top and the back with China Blue acrylic paint.  I embellished embellished embellished.
There is Webster's Pages trim, velvet spray, and key.  There are Prima roses, bling, and crochet and fabric flowers.  I used a bunch of Christmas sprays as well as Wild Orchid Crafts flowers, a crochet covered bead, appliques, glittery leaves, pom pom trim, glass pearls, crochet trim, crochet doilies from Kaisercraft, lace trim, Pink Paislee chipboard snowflakes, and my favorite knotted pearl trim.  The letters are Studio Calico Thickers :).
I made this as an inspirational piece.  Just remember that things may be rough sometimes, but it will all work out at the end.  big *hugs*
Thank you so much for stopping by and have a GREAT day :)!
*hugs* and Much aloha,
Steph :)

1 comment:

Ira Huberts said...

A beautifully altered project Steph, love all the scrummy details, so cool! Hope you're doing fine, so many things have happened the past couple of weeks, hope you are enjoying your CHristmas preparations. Hugs, Ira
Ira’s Crea Corner