Wednesday, January 29, 2014

~* Shabby Chic Mixed Media Altered Wood Sign for a Sweet Friend *~

Aloha Sweet Friends!
Sharing a project I was totally inspired to create for a sweet friend!  She always gives me such sweet support for all my projects and I really appreciate her.  I wanted to create something special!  I used a wood sign that my friend, Marisa, gave to me from Daiso.  It had a brown cord to hang it, but I removed it and replaced it with laces.  I gessoed the entire wood sign.  I then added Martha Stewart Stucco Paint on the edges of the front.  I then painted the front with baby pink acrylic paint.  I added some antique white acrylic paint and molding paste and white acrylic paint to tone it down.
I added a piece of designer paper from docrafts Papermania Love Notes.  Super shabby chic!  I added some molding paste to my Art Is stencil and dabbed the molding paste here and there.  The letters are Maya Road chipboard letters that I painted with white acrylic paint and then some baby pink acrylic paint and then I added molding paste over the letters.  
There are tons of Wild Orchid Craft roses, bits of crochet and delicate lace, trinket pearls that I knotted, a button with twine, pieces of this adhesive crochet doilie, Webster's Pages' heart trim, fabric flowers, and halfback pearls.  I added a Maya Road chipboard teapot that I painted with white acrylic paint, tied some delicate lace, and added a WOC rose and trinket pearls on to.  I also added a Prima wood bow, a iridescent butterfly from a Claire's clip, pink trinket pearls, a WOC fabric butterfly, small white organza flower trim, and a bit of Venise lace.  I added white acrylic paint, gesso, molding paste, and Stickles to all the flowers.
Thanks for stopping by and have a great day!
*hugs* and Much aloha,
Steph :)

1 comment:

Ira Huberts said...

That looks absolutely sweet and most adorable Steph, your friend will love this, it has such pretty details! Hugs, Ira
Ira’s Crea Corner