Thursday, February 20, 2014

~* Shabby Chic Altered Wood Box using Prima Divine Collection *~

Aloha!
Sharing a wood box that I altered using the Prima Divine Collection!  I love the colors :).  I first painted the wood box with gesso and then adhered the designer papers on to the box.  I used my "Art Is" stencil along with modeling paste to add texture.  I added a crochet doilie and layered on tons of Wild Orchid Crafts trellis and open roses.  I also added some fabric flowers and pearls.  There are some white fabric leaves that I added Stickles to to make the all glittery.  I also added acrylic paint, Stickles, and modeling paste to the flowers.  I used a bunch of yummy trims.  I used the beautiful crochet lace with gold accents.  I tied a bow with it and added a pearl cabochon from Wild Orchid Crafts.  I also used the delicate white lace around the box and then layered on this satin trim that had they pretty fabric flowers on it.  I also added some Recollections bling that Nat had gifted to me.
I also added designer paper on the inside of the box and the bottom of the box.  I added some images from the collection as well as a K and Company dimensional sticker and some Guipire lace and pink rosette trim.  On the bottom of the box, I added large pink halfback pearls from Wild Orchid Crafts as the feet.
I would like to enter this project into the following:
1. City Crafter Blog - Week #199  - Flowers and Lace
Thanks for stopping by and have a Happy Aloha Friday!
Steph :)

8 comments:

Sherri Scrapper said...

Lovely box, Steph!

Ros Crawford said...

Hi Steph!! This is adorable and perfect for the challenge ... I hope all is well with you and yours ... Thanks so much for playing along at CCCB and much aloha to you too!

Audrey Pettit said...

It's all good, for sure!! What a stunning altered box, Steph! Really pretty paper and wow....your embellishment cluster is just fabulous. SO love all the charming, Victorian detail. LOVELY!
Thanks for popping by my blog! It was great "seeing" you! :)

Charlene said...

Great card!!! Thanks for playing this week at CCCB :-)

Ira Huberts said...

Wowzers Steph, that is one fabulously altered box girl! Love the papers and awesome flower arrangement! Hugs, Ira x
Ira’s Crea Corner

Sid said...

How gorgeous is your box !!

Anna Rogalska said...


Stunning creation! Thanks so much for playing along at CCCB!

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Good to see you again! Your creation is absolutely gorgeous! Glad you share with us this week at CCCB!