Sunday, July 6, 2014

~* Mixed Media Beach-Themed Mini Canvas *~

Aloha!
Sharing a mixed media mini canvas that I made for my friend, Bev, visiting the islands.  I had a lot of fun making this beach-themed project.  I've been collecting a lot of beach-themed/nautical crafty things lately and have been itching to create!  I added gesso to the top portion of the canvas and sort of swirled it on.  I added some Martha Stewart stucco paint on the bottom portion to make it look like sand.  I sprayed Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist on the gesso and on the stucco paint.  I then stenciled with modeling paste over the top portion of the canvas.  I sprayed everything with Pearl Glimmer Mist so the colors ran over the stenciling.  I gessoed the chipboard letters and added Diamond Stickles all over them.  I added two pretty shells, some glass pearls, clay pieces that I sprayed with Glimmer Mists, and some burlap twine that I tied in a bow.  I adhered that burlap-like material and cheesecloth to the back of the canvas.  I rubbed gesso on everything and added some Fran-tage in Aged Ivory.
I am entering this project into:
-Live and Love Crafts - Challenge #25 By the Sea
Thanks for stopping by and I hope you have a wonderful day!
*hugs* and Much aloha, 
Steph :)

3 comments:

~amy~ said...

awesome! Love all your details!

Filharmonica said...

Lovely canvas! Thank you so much for playing along with us at LLC this month. Have a nice summer! DT Heidi

Sandra Mathis said...

Hi Steph,
What a sweet sea inspired project. Great embellishment work. Thanks for sharing with us at LLC.

Hugz, Sandy
Owner & Operator @Live & Love Crafts